We offer two different word processing courses: Word 2003/OpenOffice (LibreOffice) and Word 2007/2010.
Word Processing: Word 2003/OpenOffice (LibreOffice)
Part 1: 4 Sessions each 2 hours $20
Part 2: 4 Sessions each 2 hours $20
Prerequisites: The “Introduction to Computers” and the "FlashDrive Workshop"
You need to have Microsoft Word 2003 or Open Office (LibreOffice) on your computer to take this course.
If you don’t know which word processor you have, find someone to advise you how to find out as it may save you booking for the wrong course.
Word Processing: - Part 1
The most-used features of Word 2003/Open Office have been selected for this course.
The course covers some basic features of word processing:
- Starting Word, Saving, Previewing and Printing are the first topics.
- Opening folders and documents, moving, selecting, Cut & Paste come next.
- You then learn to change the way your document looks: Formatting.
- You'll find out how to Insert pictures and Clip art, resize, wrap and move your pictures.
- You'll also be introduced to shortcuts and other handy tricks.
On completing this course you will have the confidence and knowledge to do any of the many courses offered by SeniorNet.
You will now be able to make and decorate your own letters, booklets, fliers, reports, and all sorts of other documents.
You will enjoy learning all these new skills with this Introduction to Word Processing.
To gain even more skills in using these Word Processing programs, watch the course schedule for Word Processing (Part 2). The 4-session sequel course builds on the skills learned in Part 1 and explores the more advanced features of the program. It is recommended for regular users of Word 2003/OpenOffice (LibreOffice) who would like to become fully proficient in its use.